Thursday, July 23, 2009

The Work & The Glory


The Work & Glory is a nine volume series of books by Gerald Lund. It is a historical fiction about the LDS pioneers. It starts when Joseph Smith is first married and leads up to the saints settling Salt Lake City. It is an amazing volume. I do enjoy reading, but I am not an avid enough reader to conquer something this big in a short amount of time. I actually started this serious when I was still in high school, which was nearly 10 years ago. But I just finished volume nine, the last book in the serious. I really enjoy these because they are historical fiction. What a fun way to learn about those faithful saints that sacrificed so much. There were some stories I have heard, but a lot of it I had not. It made everything more real because there was a family that were the main characters and they went through everything that happened. I feel good that I was finally able to accomplish this volume of books, even if it did take 10 years. They were will worth the 10 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment